- Date: October 10, 2023
- Presented at: 2023 American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST 2023) Conference
Psychological Correlates of Lung Cancer Screening Intentions and UptakePresentation
Authors: Rendle KA, Steltz J, Beucker S, Wainwright JV, Vachani A.Corresponding Author Email: email@example.com
- Positive and negative perceptions were associated with Lung Cancer Screening (LCS) intentions including an unexpected positive association between perceived (external) stigma and LCS intentions.
- Larger studies are needed to further understand psychological correlates of LCS completion in diverse populations.
- Psychological correlates are key to motivate individuals but should be coupled with structural strategies to ensure equitable access to LCS.
- Clinical Implications: Emphasizing the benefits of early detection and treatment effectiveness to patients may help to increase LCS.